If you’re an Uber driver, chances are you’ll find yourself wondering how are you going to fix this, or how are you going to clean that? After one of your passengers has damaged your vehicle or make a big mess in your car.
You could also find yourself asking “How much will it cost me to clean up this mess made by my passenger?”
It’s normal, accidents do happen, but it does not mean we have to pay out our pocket when our passengers make a mess in our vehicle.
Uber requires its driver to drive clean cars; they also take it serious when a passenger complain about a dirty car.
In the event where a passenger vomit or make a big dirty spill in your car you don’t have to worry. Uber will take care of that for you depending on the extent of the damage or the mess.
The only thing you’ll have to do is to request a cleaning fee.
How do you do that?
Requesting a cleaning fee is very simple, but there are some things to keep in mind if you happen to have to request for one.
You have to be unable to drive afterwards. For example, let’s say a passenger vomit in your car during your first trip.
I know if it’s your first trip you’d not want to loose the rest of the day or night since you would have to get your car cleaned up.
In reality, your best bet would be to stop and not driving afterwards. That’s the hard part of it in order to get your uber cleaning fee reimbursement.
Here’s how you’ll have to go about the situation
Complete the trip once you get to the final destination and then rate your passenger.
You’ll have to switch off from driving mode. Some pictures would need to be taken for the process so that Uber can use as evidence.
You don’t have to stay where you drop your passenger to take your evidence’s pictures.
I find it a little weird for drivers to stay where they drop their passenger and start snapping pictures. I think this itself can make the rider feel unsafe seeing that you’re still outside of his or her house ( if that’s the case).
You can drive somewhere else and do that.
Now that you have evidence of the mess you can go ahead in your driver’s app to find the Uber cleaning fee request form.
Finding the Uber cleaning fee request form
It’s very easy to find this form. You should not have any difficulty at all if you follow the following steps.
- First thing to do is to go to Earnings.
- Secondly, you would want to click on the ESTIMATED PAYOUT which is located under the earnings bar graph.
- Once you hit that the next screen should show you all the days that you’ve worked. You may have to scroll down a little to see all of them. From there you can choose the day of your incident.
- The next page will show all the trips for that day, you’ll have to pick the trip that you’re requesting the cleaning fee for.
- At the very bottom you should see a “Help” button. Once you tap it you’ll see a list of some possible incidents which you may pick from.
- For a cleaning fee you’ll have to pick “I have an issue with the rider”
- The next page will have “Cleaning for a mess” and so on…
It’s very simple if you follow this list. You’ll find three spaces to upload your pictures, try to upload your three best ones.
You’d want to include the rider’s name too if you can, but it can be left blank. After you’re finished you’ll hit “Submit” and you’re done!
That’s all it takes to send in your request.
What if the “Submit” button is not clickable?
You may think that there’s no way this can happen, right? Well it does happen sometimes, and if you find yourself in a situation as such, you don’t have to panic. Breath in, breath out 🙂
There’s an alternative to it which works perfectly; however, you won’t be able to use it through your phone.
How can you do that?
Here it is:
- Login into your account using a PC, notebook, or a tablet. Look for your “SUMMARY & TRIPS” at the top left corner and click on it.
- You will see your trips in the middle of your PC, but don’t click on any of them yet.
- Still on the left side of your PC you’ll look for “Help” and click on it.
- Choose the trip with which you had the incident.
- Where it says “POPULAR TOPICS” click more.
- Under “I had an issue with the rider” you can pick your incident. In our case it’s to request an Uber cleaning fee, you will click on “Cleaning for a mess.”
- From there you can upload your three photos and fill in the blanks.
- Then Submit.
Notice that you would have to have your photos uploaded on your PC for this alternative way. Just send them to your email and upload them to your computer.
Uber will not take long to let you know the outcome of your request. They will review the case and contact the rider to make sure it’s not being falsified.
After that you should receive up to $150 depending on the incident’s severity.
It used to be $200, but Uber has decreased the amount. If the mess is severe you’ll receive $150. But if the mess isn’t that bad you may receive less than that.
Driving for Uber requires us to keep our vehicle clean. In fact driving around in a dirty vehicle can greatly affect your rating.
If you’re an Uber driver you already know how important it is to have good ratings. Uber takes its rating system very seriously.
They even use it to cut drivers off of their partnership. For this reason you’ll want to keep your car clean at all time when your driving for Uber.
When a rider makes a mess in your car you’re required to clean your car thoroughly before you can head on the road again.
You will loose money off course, but Uber will charge the rider and reimburse you the fees. You’ve read how to send in your request from this post.
I hope it was very helpful to you. If it did help you don’t forget to share it on the social media with your friends.
Are you an Uber driver? If not, drive for Uber and Receive up to $750 bonus.
Click this link which will allow you to receive up to $750 as a “Thank you” bonus. You will only have to complete 20 trips as soon as you can and then you will receive your bonus.